November 8, 2010

H

Home....On the news last night, I saw a report of the area homeless shelters are full, and it isn't even the coldest it's going to be outside. I look up and down my street and see empty houses, two of which, I am aware were abandoned. I think of those families who thought they would be in their houses much longer. Today I am so very thankful for our home and a reminder from The Lord that it's not all about location. Families in the shelter are together. Families who have dealt with foreclosure are together. They are not located where they previously thought they would be, but they are together. Isn't home where our heart is? I think about my church. I enter the building and it's just like home. I feel loved and special there. I know that God is in that house and is in my heart. I walk into my own home where again, I feel loved and special. Home is where our heart is and is something we should be thankful for every day.
Thank you Jesus for living in my heart and showing me the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment