February 7, 2012

My Favorite Things

"Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes. Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes. Silver white winters that melt into spring. .... These are a few of my favorite things."
SING WITH ME. "When the dog bites. When the bee stings. When I'm feeling sadddddd. I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feeeeeeellllll sooooo baaaaaaad."
Yeah, I didn't look up the words and yeah, I sing that one all the time.
Full Moons are a favorite of mine.

For Talk to me Tuesday, this week, I would like to know some of my reader's favorite things. I notice that a lot of you enjoy recipes and cooking quite a bit, but what else? Do you like to do some particular hobby? How about exercise?
I have a few crazy friends who absolutely love to run. I tell them the same thing as I have always said, if it isn't big, mean, scary and chasing after me, I'm not gonna run. ;-) But I am starting to enjoy making my fat sweat on a daily basis.
I also enjoy doing crafts, like crochet and home decor projects and LOVE to sew. I have made many quilts in my time and was all taught by my grandmother, which means my stitches are far from perfect, but my heart is always in the right place. That is what Grandma Perkins would always say.
I do enjoy cooking for my family. Lately we are working on some healthier options and love doing those. I love to include the kids. They all like to wear their aprons and do the odd jobs I give them to keep them busy while I'm doing the real work. Any of you that know me know that I struggle with giving over control of my tiny kitchen to anyone, so it's a stretch to get me to do that with my babies.
To go along with this discussion, I want to know what kind of Spring projects you are preparing to work on. Even the ones your significant other doesn't know about yet. :-) We all know you have something cooking in your mind, so share with us so that we might light that Spring Spark on this dreary Winter day.
Talk amongst yourselves, but be sure to share with us all.

4 comments:

  1. I love to do gardening.....remove the weeds and plant new bulbs and watch them grow. I love to read and once upon a time to write too....lol. I like to trek, walk forest trails, adventure sports, and I simply love doing weight training. Dancing is another thing I simply love. I also love the 'idea'of sewing, doing crafts and all that creative stuff.....but it stops at the idea and goes no further.......no creative bones here. I like to watch cookery shows more than I like to cook.. hahaha ! and swimming thats the one aerobic exercise I actually like....anything that involves a lot of sweating is not my thing.
    I'd love for Kim to teach me to quilt some day.....its one of the to do things.....right along with baking the perfect cakes... A'lah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely teach you sweetie :-) I can't wait for you to get home so that I can. I love your gardening too. You make me want to do better at it!

      Delete
  2. Right now my mind wants to be set on making Valentine Cards and gifts, but my heart and the rest of me are not quite on the same page. I also want to make cut out sugar cookies with the kids. Since there is only a week left, I better get the rest of me with my heart. After that it is all about spring. Bunnies, chicks, flowers have lots of patterns for those things I so want to make. The colors of spring are happy colors, colors that make your heart happy. Even though they are not the primary colors of my home, in spring they become a part of the home and the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite things- laughter,cooking yummy food for family and friends, hugs, my nieces and nephews ( although I am not always best at showing it when they are not around me :-) picnics, live music. Spring project- Family trip to Ohio to see said Niece and nephews ;-) Hopefully paint the house!!!!

    ReplyDelete