November 17, 2010

Q

Q-tips.... While this might seem like a strange thing to be thankful for, I truly love my Q-tips. I have a serious OCD issue with my ears. Most people don't even know this, but I am a Q-aholic. There is no real term for it, but I am well aware it is not normal to have such a severe distaste for ear wax that you have to clean them multiple (and I'm talking seriously multiple) times a day. At one point in our marriage, Wade had severe ear wax and it drove me insane to the point where I convinced him to let me get my Q in there and get it out. Well, having so much wax naturally and not caring, he said sure. That became a problem because he ended up with impacted wax on his ear drum from the attempt. With a trip to the doctor and a painful irrigation, problem solved. Right? Well, to this day he won't let me hear the end of it (excuse the pun). I'm forbidden to touch the children (as I would expect) and my obsession continues.
Last week, the world stopped spinning. Did you guys feel it? Seriously, I ran out of Q-tips and didn't have time to go to the store. I was close to knocking on neighbor's doors and start asking to "borrow" the beautiful cottony tubes. A trip to the store definitely helped, but I'm still reeling from it all if truth be told. So today, I have my beautiful Q-tips and am very thankful to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment