November 16, 2010

P

Paper plates....***WARNING: TREES WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS BLOG POST***
 I'm not talking those Styrofoam things that ruin the environment. I mean, true paper. Growing up, I remember that we had a portable dishwasher. That meant that if you wanted to be lazy, you couldn't be lazy. You had to roll over the dishwasher from the other side of the room, load it, hook it up to the sink, plug it in and then run it. After it ran, you were also in charge of undoing all of those actions to put it back. Too much work to be lazy. We used paper plates quite often, but if you went down to Grandma's house, you didn't use paper plates. After school snacks included a plate or a napkin. I don't think my Grandma would have minded paper plates, but I am certain Grandpa is rolling in his grave thinking that I wanted to use them in his house. hee hee. That's besides my point. I remember having Thanksgiving dinner a few years back and breaking out the paper plates to laughter and jokes about living the high life. Well, I'm not too good to use paper plates. They are awesome when it comes to taking care of our children and getting meals on the table quickly. Today I am very thankful for paper plates and the time saving they provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment