February 15, 2016

Lazy Monday

Image result for lazy monday It has been one of those lazy Monday kinda days. My husband hates when we get a day off school and he has to go into work. What do I say to that? Awwww, whine about it. No, I'm not a very sympathetic wife. I also get summers off; is that a reason to cry? NOPE, cause I also have a job that requires me to work harder in 10 months than most people do in 12. Every second I get off is hard earned.
Most days off I can't help but wish it weren't a day off because I over-schedule myself horribly, the kids are wiry, and I can't help but think of what work is awaiting me when I return to school. Today, I was determined to have a true lazy day, and for the most part, I believe I have been pretty successful.
I did shovel the snow off the driveway, put the dog door back into the door because I'm tired of taking them out myself, weatherproofed said door, and weatherproofed my bathroom window. I have also watched The Price is Right, planned what classes I have to take to renew my license, and made sure the children remained alive. That sounds like a pretty successful day, but it isn't over yet. I still have the opportunity to get frustrated and upset before it is all said and done.
Will I get upset at the 14 yo who thinks it is okay to not have the homework I told him HAD to get done today done? Yup, that's already happened. He is now giving me mean stares as he walks back to the computer that holds said homework.

Will I get upset at the 11 yo who hasn't felt well for the last 24 hours and has therefore decided whining is the only way to get his point across? Yup, that's already happened. He decided to cry to me because I wouldn't look at a paragraph that he had written before he had written it because today, I am Mom, not an English teacher. And Mom requires that you do your work before you ask any questions of her because it isn't my homework.
Will I get upset at the 7 yo who hasn't cleaned her room at all today? Possibly, but she got to go play with a new friend today which seems to have made everything alright. Wait, where is my cell phone? Didn't she just get in trouble yesterday for swiping my phone and not asking for it! DARN IT! ;-)
Yeah, it's still crazy in my house. Yeah, there is always going to be someone somewhere needing Mom's attention. But right now, right here, I have my neck massaging fox on, typing on here, drinking some water (yeah, read that as water), and chilling out. All is right with the world, and I find myself truly blessed in this moment of downtime that The Lord has given to me. I hear Him encouraging me to be the person I am meant to be. I hear Him speaking to me about the direction my life is at this time and encouraging me to be always show the positive in a world where my children will see so much negative.  

And the silence is shattered. My children are fighting, so I must go perform miracles of convincing them not to kill each other. Through it all, I hear God confirming my purpose of making these children better citizens in this crazy life and, well there is screaming now, so I cut this short.....

No comments:

Post a Comment