December 24, 2008

Now I Lay Me

Now I lay me down to sleep....

Tonight as Christmas Eve draws to a close I sit contemplating life and the joys I have because of the special birth this season gives us. Our Lord, Jesus Christ was born on Christmas Day. Brought to the Earth to save us all from our sins. What an incredible gift and an incredible sacrifice. Tonight, I think of Mary. I think of what she thought when she saw that precious baby and had no idea what God might have in store for that special little man that would call her Mom. I think the same thing tonight as I look to my Christmas gift this year. Sofia. What does God have planned for her? What great things will she do? What mistakes might she make getting there? Will she be happy in her life? Will she feel that she has made God proud, Her father and I proud, Herself proud? Will she understand what sacrifices were made to bring her here? So many questions that I think of as I know I should be going to bed. I couldn't help but get this out as I look to our tree and the gifts under the tree and pray that Wade and I have done our best and will continue to do our best to teach our children the true meaning of this holiday season rather than the commercial meaning of the holiday that oftentimes overwhelms the true gift that means everything. I pray for joy and peace to you and your family and to all those who need blessings, I pray those to them. God knows who needs. I close with a picture that speaks volumes.
I pray the Lord my soul to keep. The Angels watch me through the night and wake me with the morning Light. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment