November 21, 2010

U

Unconditional Love.... I spent a good portion of the morning debating what "u" word I could possibly use for today. I am thankful for a lot of things, as you can tell by my perusing of the alphabet. As I sat listening to Todd's sermon this morning, he mentioned unconditional love and I knew what I would be typing here. A parent's love is truly unconditional and I think about my Father in heaven and His truly amazing unconditional love. It truly gives me chills to think about the unconditional love of the Lord!
I think about the fact that I do things and I know they are wrong. OHH, don't tell me you don't!! We are all sinners. But think about it, isn't there something that you have done that would put your parents to shame? And yet, we don't have to shame. How about we look at some verses......
You may not know Me, but I know everything about you.                  Psalm 139:1
Even the very hairs on your head are numbered.                                 Matthew 10:29-31
For you are My offspring.                                                                  Acts 17:28
I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love.    1 John 4:16
And I rejoice over you with singing.                                                    Zephaniah 3:17   
What an incredible joy to have someone that is always looking down on us and keeping our best interests at heart!! I look over those verses and I know that He is Lord and that He gives me unconditional love no matter what kind of mistakes I make. Praise be to God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment