January 17, 2012

What makes a husband great?

What qualities make a husband a great man? A great husband? A great father? A great person in general?
There could be so many answers to this and I could be corny and just say that my husband has all of those and be done with it. But we are all human and all mess up. Is he perfect all the time? Nope, but he does have some great qualities.
My biggest quality that I like is showing a good Godly example to our children. I think the best husband cares about your needs and pays attention to what you like. He takes care of the dishes just because you don't feel like it. He pats you on the butt because he knows it makes you feel good to be admired. He kisses you in public because it doesn't matter who knows how much he loves you. He buys you flowers from time to time even though he knows you hate to get them because they die. And he always makes sure they are NOT roses because he knows you hate them :-)
But that sounds like all the great things. What about when he stands firm on his beliefs even if it means an argument? I love that! Fight with me because you disagree with me, but know that even if we do fight it's not the end of it all. We can come to a compromise and move on. Hold my hand when I am sick and make sure the kids are taken care of so I can get rest.
We all have our favorite qualities and we all prioritize them differently. Tell me what yours are.

8 comments:

  1. funny you mentioned flowers......I think they are best on plants in the garden,, still when you get them from ya special man....it tells you he went to all that trouble.....that says a lot. Its Christmas and hes tired ...hes been on his feet all day but he promised he would make you cookies coz you have never made them.......so he goes ahead and bakes them........just coz he promised..... a man that keeps his word despite everything ......big thumbs up. A man not scared to show his feeling for you in public......definitely a yes........very yes! A man who makes you feel beautiful despite your being ordinary,,,,,a very good quality,,,,,a man who is proud of you and your achievements no matter how small they might be.........very endearing.....hahaha Kim , I could go on all day......oh and the arguments are definitely the best part.......the last thing you want from ya partner is a clone....Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Angela with your comments. I love that. I see all of those things in your man. He's a special guy for sure!

      Delete
  2. Intergtity. A man that will make you feel like your the only woman in the world even when standing in a room with another thousand beautiful, wonderful woman. A man that, at the end of the day, will make you feel that your marriage is the safest place in the world you could be...even when you have been fighting all day. A man that ALWAYS puts GOD first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! What a great answer. Integrity is so vital.

      Delete
  3. :)You know he's a keeper when he will start going to Church just so you'll date him, then he becomes a believer and can teach you a thing or two. Would NEVER bring a rose into the house (vile weed)! And no matter what comes out of my mouth sometimes he can just shake his head and grin. We know that I'm crazy, we don't need him to tell me do we? Also he has embraced my children and shown them respect and love when others (even those you think should) have not. He is always there for me and others, and GOD is #1 for him. I asked for it and I got it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sacrifices that are life changing are so very awesome. It's great to see God's love at work!

      Delete
  4. What makes a husband great? There are so mang things! The way he makes me laugh like no one else can. How he encourages me to take risks because he just wants me to be happy. Cleaning up the dishes, even through all mg cooking experiments. Holding hands, and maybe a little kiss, in public. Simply looking at me with his wonderful smile. And finally, when being in his presence makes me warm inside and never want to leave. I love my hubby. He's one of the best!

    ReplyDelete