February 3, 2012

Praises to the King!

The world lost a great man yesterday. I can say that I never had the privilege to know "Big Dave" Bompart, but he reached through the tv and computer and touched the lives of so many of us. I first saw the story of his shooting in Haiti on tv. All I could think about were my dear Christian family members serving in Haiti and how they had just heard gunshots in their area just days before Dave's shooting. It made me start to think about the safety in the area and what God has in store for my friends and all those serving.
But as we all went through the week on Facebook and through the tv, we heard updates on Dave from his dear wife Nicolle. She poured her heart out and showed a faith so strong that it was contagious. Many of us watched videos of those worshiping in the waiting room as Dave clung to life and gave us a week to learn of his story and seek God's grace. Throughout this entire week, all of my prayers not only included Dave and his family, but also those non-believers who were hearing his story and were seeking answers themselves.
So, today, I wanted to be sure to send Praises up to the King and thanks for the extra week that Dave had on this Earth to touch other's lives in ways they never imagined. I was thinking about it last night and as I prayed and thought about sending condolences to the family, I also know that while it helps sometimes to hear we are sorry for your loss, sometimes all you really want to hear is Praise the Lord for your loss. I know that sounds strange to some of you, but as a Christian, I truly believe that it is a joyous moment to have a death of a believer. Mercy Me sings the song, "I Can Only Imagine" that talks about how we can't really know what that day will be like when we meet our Lord and Savior. We don't know what Heaven is like, but we can imagine how incredible it will be to be in the presence of our Maker. Big Dave is in Heaven now and He is so happy to be Praising his King and sending down Heavenly hugs to his sweet family and all those who have played a role in his life.
My thoughts are with  Nicolle today. I pray that God give her peace as he did Dave and that He shows her His will in her life from this point.
Rest in Peace, Big Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment