December 9, 2008

Christmas Traditions

So my big boy, Alec comes home from school yesterday with what seemed like a ton of homework. As we are looking at it, I was surprised to see a paper that is asking him to tell about his favorite Christmas tradition and to draw a picture of it (as we all know, so many of those things are removed from public school these days). I asked him what he thought would be great to share and he didn't pause for even a second. He said, I want to write, "I go to church on Christmas Eve and we all light candles and stand around the church singing Silent Night." Something so significant to a 7 year old is something that sometimes as adults we take for granted and don't even realize we've created a tradition. It really is a beautiful sight and great to have that reminder of something that is so simple yet so precious. Thanks Alec for taking Christ to school with you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment