August 1, 2011

89

That is a magic number for me right now. What, pray tell, am I talking about? Push ups. No joke, Ladies and Gents. I did 89 push ups this morning!!!!!!! That's not counting my additional pull ups (I use bands) or abdominal work. I'm mush right now to be honest, but I feel so good.
Those of you who know me from grade school or high school know I don't do push ups. I was the one in high school that would watch for Ms. Spangler to turn her back so I could stop. Seriously, that was me. And I really wasn't all that fat back then. Well, not compared to now. I did modify what I did, but they were real floor push ups (just with my knees down) and as I write this run-on sentence, I am so darn proud. I cried on the last set. Because it hurt? Well, that could be answered yes, but that's not it. I cried because this fat chick did it!!!!
Six months ago I couldn't have imagined this. Six months ago, I was content to just keep the way I was going. What changed? It's always hard to say. For the first time, I'm not making excuses. And I'm not GOING to make excuses. 89 Ladies and Gentlemen! Let's see how much I can improve over the next 30 days, 60 days, 90 days. FOREVER!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Kim, I am so stinkin' proud of you! I know exactly how you feel. It wasn't long ago that I started this fitness journey. Let me tell you, the tears of joy at your accomplishments don't stop and keep getting more amazing! You can do this. You ARE doing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you and you are inspiring me to keep at it! We CAN do this!

    ReplyDelete