November 11, 2010

K

Kindness....Today I am so very thankful for kindness. My sweet and wonderful husband - oh the emotions and words that just don't come to me. I know, very surprising, but I find myself speechless when I think of the incredible person he is and the love that I feel for him. Okay, so where does kindness fit into that? Well, yesterday, I sat nervously as my husband and all his co-workers awaited their fate at the office trying to find some kind of normality in the day. I texted him at one point and said, "Hoping no news is good news. I love you." He replied with "I love you." I knew. The minute I got that text, I knew he would be home soon and that he was one of the casualties of the company wide restructuring that is laying off tons of people. My heart broke for him. Not because I was worried or scared. Not because I thought negatively of him, but it broke because I know him. I know how he felt and the nurturing person inside of him was still more worried about how his boss was feeling at having to tell him or how our sweet friends at the office were handling not being told goodbye.
The day was nothing like we expected it would be, but we took the joy out of the day to move forward as God intended. It is not ours to question. We accept and move on. Here's the thing. By 5 pm, Wade had tears welling in his eyes and I saw how very overwhelmed he was, but it wasn't a bad overwhelmed. The kindness that showered us in such a stressful time was insane and magical. Job offers were emailed. Links to sites. Offers to assist with resume building. Love. Faith. And beautiful kindness. Friends from all over the country were reaching out. From prayers to just pure and simple smiles. His phone had to be recharged before we even had to pick up at school from all the calls and encouragement from true friends. His inbox and FB account were full of comments and positivity. We truly felt God's hand yesterday afternoon!!
And I have to say throughout the day, I felt my heart grow stronger and stronger for the man I already knew was wonderful and the man that I saw had touched so many lives. He's a special fella. He's a hard worker, and he's a phenomenal Christian husband and father.
In this time that could be so very stressful, we are not focusing on the negative. We are looking to the future and excited that God has decided it's time for some changes. Praise be to God and great thanks for the showers of kindness that we have seen in this wonderful time of transition!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment