November 14, 2010

N

Nourishment.... Man, was I ever thankful for an incredible worship service at AGCC today. God truly always knows what we need. As I sat there, my tears brimming in my eyes, I felt the presence of God as if He was standing next to me in the pew. My eyes went to my friend Lori, and I lost it. I sat there praising the Lord and crying. Unable to really stop it. It was not a weeping for sadness. It was not only a weeping of joy, but one of relief, of completeness and wholeness. I cried because everything is all right.
Sometimes when we’re in the presence of God we do not pray with words but with a wordless response to the Holy. It could be laughter; it could be tears. We could experience prayer in our breathing, in our listening, in our singing, in our looking.
Our sermon series on prayer continues, and I think of the power of prayer and the nourishment it provides to us. We pray for the Lord to provide and to give us what we need. We pray asking specifically for what we are looking for and eagerly await a response. We are going to get an answer. It may not be what we think it should be, but we always get an answer.
Today, as I sat there shedding and then wiping my tears, I thought about our prayer as a family. We are asking God to heal our friends, those who are sick like Ms. Anita; those who are sad, like Ms. Karlene; those who are now in glory, like Ms. Helen. Our whole bodies join in prayer. And sometimes we cry. That is beautiful prayer too!

No comments:

Post a Comment