November 19, 2010

S

Sofia....Despite the fact that my precious angel has decided to be wild and crazy today, I am truly thankful for my blessed gift. Days like today when she strips herself naked in front of friends, Sorry Kasy and Trace, and throws a major temper tantrum when I do not allow her to yank on my favorite pink sweater, I still love her and treasure her. I appreciate that God thinks so highly of Wade and I to bless us this third (and final!!) time with a little girl. She is what my mother always wished on me.. A daughter just like me, so Heaven help us when she gets older if she's this moody now. But she's so much more. Her laughter makes all the men in my life light up. She walks into a room and commands attention, not by being ornery or anything like that, but just by being herself. She can be such a sweetheart and a doll baby. Her unspoken language with Alec and her gentle way with Owen when she knows he just needs a little of her time. She knows when to draw the line and when to push the envelope (not so much today though). In one week from today, my baby turns 2. And while I mourn for the loss of her babyness (I KNOW! I'm making up words), I treasure the big girl she is becoming. The potty training, word learning, temper tantrum opinionated young lady she is becoming. I am thankful for these first 2 years of molding her and showing her the Lord in her every day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment