January 16, 2012

Vegetable Beef Soup

Vegetable Beef Soup
Ingredients:

1½ lbs ground beef
1 c chopped onion
1 bell pepper, chopped
24 oz stewed tomatoes
12 oz mixed vegetables
2 cans beef broth
(¾ c ketchup)

Instructions:
Brown beef, onion and bell pepper; drain. Add tomatoes, vegetables,
broth and ketchup. Simmer for 1 - 3 hours.

Leftover roast beef can be put to good use in this soup. I like to saute the onion and bell pepper first to give them better texture and flavor. This is good with Italian bread or Cornbread on the side.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect for the weather we are having here right now.....thought I'd add a bunch of spices to that........lol ..Angelah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extra spices are great, but I have to say this recipe is as close as they come to my Grandma's recipe. I have been trying for years to replicate that, and this is the first time I've even come close ;-) Simple and heavenly.

      Delete