November 23, 2010

W.

Wade....I think this particular day was a given. I love my husband. He is truly the greatest gift from God. I think about how we met and how he was truly a gift from God. I had left college (yeah for a boy). stupid, I know..but it was part of God's plan to make me who I am today. After some tough luck and rough situations, God led me back to school. I could have went anywhere, but He led me back to where I was before. Once back, all my friends had made other friends with other groups of people. Not a bad thing at all. ;-) My friend Katrina (who I adore for the choices she's made) was Wade's girlfriend when I went back. Unfortunately Trina had to transfer to another school as life would have it. I say unfortunately for her as she's an incredible person and knowing her makes me a better person. Anyhow, I got to know Wade in a snowstorm. For the first time in this history of the college, classes were canceled and the Blizzard of 1994 became part of history. Those who went to CC at the time remember it, I'm sure. Borrowing trays from the cafeteria so we could slide down the hill. What seemed like campus-wide snowball fights. Making snowmen outside of the dorms. A TON of fun! School was closed for a week, then the snow melted and the floods came and school was closed a little longer. Those of us stuck at campus made the best of it smelly or not (water was out for awhile). It was a gift of time. One that so often we don't find in college. God gave Wade and I the time to truly fall in love.
Here we are 16 years later still strong and still together. So many couples don't have what we have. We see it all the time, but I don't question it. I see it as a true gift from God that it is what He intended, a devoted husband who cares about me unconditionally.  Praise the Lord for the gift of the best husband a woman could ask for. I am so very thankful each day that I have him to keep me strong and to keep me grounded. Otherwise, you would find me in the clouds all day ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment