February 28, 2011

Shake What Your Momma Gave you

I decided yesterday I want to dance. Then the little Veggie Tales song from Jimmy Gourd went through my mind, and I almost laughed out loud in church.
The lyrics are actually pretty perfect for me. I am a girl though and pretend me singing this in my biggest, most dramatic voice ;-)
Ever since I was a little boy
In widely tailored pants
My only aspiration was to
Be a gourd... who danced.

But for what it's worth
My portly girth
Only served to make folks giggle
'Cuz the more I moved
The more I proved
All I could do was... jiggle.

I want to dance!
I want to groove!
I need to feel
The rush!
Of the wind!
Under my shoes!

I want to dance...

You get the point. ;-) So, I wanted to jiggle (and I WAS listening to the sermon, Bill, so please don't think me a heathen). I decided we should get a dancing Wii game and asked Wade after church if we could go to Best Buy. As I looked and contemplated getting Dance on Broadway but I couldn't see myself dancing to Luck be a Lady. Kept looking through and wasn't sure the best bet. I watched an actual Zumba class and almost peed my pants laughing at the possibility that I would even ever try that. So, I settled on one that would be great for the entire family.... Just Dance Kids. With 40 songs ranging from Pop goes the Weasel to Who let the Dogs Out, it is perfect for the entire family.

So after our family walk, Owen and I decided it was time to start dancing. HOLY CRAP!! I have been walking at a great brisk pace and doing a good job keeping up with my skinny walking partner, but this made that look like a cake walk (excuse the sweet food reference hee hee). I was determined to get 20 minutes in and that was exactly the extent of what I was able to do. Apparently the dance that went along with Happy Birthday was too much for me as it had me sweating and done for the day!!!
But I DID IT!!! I danced for 20 minutes with only breaks in between songs as we selected the next one. I am so excited to do it again. This morning we have various errands to run and will be dancing at some point as I need to get in some movement on this very dreary day.
The encouragement I would like to pass on today to you, my dear friends, is to shake it. You can choose, as I do at this time, to shake it in the privacy of your own home. Or go out and find a great dance class (I know a wonderful dance studio in Lewis Center that does Zumba and hear the Y's class here in Grove City is super). No matter what though, let's get moving as sitting idle is not achieving our goals!! Weight check in tomorrow. A little nervous as I had a few off meals this weekend, but tomorrow is another day. God Bless and Keep moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment