March 8, 2011

Trials Help Us Grow

Well, the week has been very trying and unfortunately, when that happens, it's so very easy to fall into old habits. I didn't eat as healthy this week as I did my first week. My weigh in this morning was 260.4. While that is still a loss of .4 pounds, that seems so insignificant to me. I am not in the slightest bit ready to quit or moving into my frustration zone as far as the weight loss. I know what I did wrong. I spent the week frustrated about this and that and overwhlemed by the million tasks I had put on my plate (excuse the pun). This week isn't any easier when it comes to work things, but I have Dad around to help relieve some of the burden. Although this morning, he was quick to tell me that I'm just like my Mom running myself in a million different directions. I will choose to ignore that like my Mom reference. Despite loving her, I am not ready to be like her. ;-)
I have felt that God has given me these weeks for trials, and I won't say that I failed because I didn't. I still lost some weight (albeit small and probably more water weight than anything). I will say that I succumbed quite a bit to the pressure. But it is another new week and another opportunity to do His Will. We have made efforts to improve the organization around the house, with doing extra toddler proofing to prevent future episodes of Sofia dumping out baking soda or drinking hand sanitizer or toothpaste. I believe that will help us to be able to do what we need to do to be successful and feel better about things. I do ask for your continued prayers and support as we keep going. And again, I invite those who are interested to walk with me. Wednesdays and Fridays at my church 10 am until we are pooped.
Well, as I finish this, Owen just poked Sofia in the eye. She is screaming. He is fighting back and it's time for lunch and Mommy needs some serious quite time!!! Love and Prayers to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment