January 20, 2012

The Glory is all around Us

"Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." Romans 8:26  

The sunrise with incredible shades of pinks and purples changed my insight for the day.
As the day began, I rushed around as normal. I was hurrying to drop Alec off at school for Safety Patrol before going back to get Owen for school. Then the plan was to get Sofia to school, go to the bank, head to the grocery store, blah blah blah blah blah. It wasn't any different than any other day until my sweet Alec pointed out what should have been obvious. He asked me if I noticed the sunrise. I hadn't really paid attention to it until he said something. At that point, I was so stilled. I took a moment to step back and look at he Glory of the Lord in that moment. 
I asked Alec to take a moment and think about why God might have given that outward show of His beauty. He plainly replied that God was just wanting to remind us that He is there. What a smart little boy ;-)
God has been leading me lately in my prayer life. I find him pushing me to be more prayerful and to remember that He is always with me. For this show of His Glory right before my eyes, I am so thankful. Look around at the Glory all around you. Find beauty that you might not normally notice. It could make a difference in your day. It does in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment