February 10, 2012

Snapshots of Love

So when I was thinking about Valentine's day coming up, I thought about what we could do as a family to celebrate the love we have. So starting next Tuesday and running through Thanksgiving, our family is starting a new tradition. 
We are going to create "snapshots" of each of us celebrating who they are. We will have a container that we will put these "snapshots" in. They will be simple papers that just say what they have done that make them who they are and over the course of the year everyone can add a snapshot to the container.
So when Alec cleans his room without complaining, I will pass out, then pick myself up off the floor and write a "snapshot" to add to the jar. These small papers could even include things like "dad helped me reach the next level in Mario" or "mom let me help make dinner." Read these little snapshots of honorable things and thank one another for giving care. On Thanksgiving, we will empty the jar and show thanksgiving for all we have done throughout the year. We can then start our collection of "snapshots" again for the following year.

1 comment:

  1. awesome idea Kim.... you always come up with the bestest ideas..........Muaaaaaaaaaah!! Hopefully , I will be home long before Thanksgiving and you will let me see ya snapshots.....will be fun!m A'lah

    ReplyDelete