February 11, 2012

The Secrets of your Heart

"He knows the secrets of your heart." Psalm 44:21


I've said it and heard it what seems like a million times, God knows EVERYTHING. He always knows what you are thinking and what you are going to do before you even decide. He knows us better than anyone, even ourselves. He knows when we are telling the truth. He knows when we are lying and being false.

Think about yourself like you would a house. When I was a child, I hated going into our basement (I'm sure it stemmed from some sort of horror movie). It scared me. There was the cellar down there that I swear, I heard noises and could have sworn there were evil spirits in there. I think of that cellar as my most inner heart. What is in there? Is there fear in the cellar? Shame? Anger? Self-doubt? Pride? There could be a number of things.

We live in a secular world, one that we are accepted by other people's perceptions of us. We are accepted when we are thin enough, pretty enough, talented or rich enough. Unfortunately, being judged by the world standards leaves us feeling inadequate.. Alone. We are isolated from relationships that are meaningful. Those that could impact us the most with other people and the truth of God's Word.

But God doesn't have those rose colored glasses. HE KNOWS US!! We are his works of art, designed for something special. We are made to be loved by God and share those meaningful and loving relationships with Him and other people.
 
He wants the places of your heart to be filled with Him! Ever sit in a park and watch a Daddy with his child. He waits for the little one and holds his hands out for him to reach up. God is doing that. He's waiting for you to reach for His hand, allowing Him to lead you through each of those secret places you hold in your heart. He is waiting to help you proclaim His Name and His power as ruler over the things you are hiding. He wants you to know that He is your protector. He is keeping watch over you as you take this journey. He is lighting your life and your way. He wants you to feel free, without the burden of your fears.
He's waiting for YOU! Reach for him; it's okay. You can do it.


My precious Daddy, I need you. I thank you for being patient enough for me to come to you to clean out the cellar of my heart. I proclaim the Name of Jesus Christ, that you are the one and only ruler of my heart. Lord, free me from those areas of my life that I try to hide and open my eyes to the knowledge of those that I am yet aware of. give. Free me from my feelings of inadequacies and help me feel your power in my every day. I know you are with me, Lord. I know you will never leave me nor forsake me. I am so very forever grateful for that and praise you forevermore. In Your most Heavenly Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment