February 27, 2012

Strawberry Vinaigrette

I had gotten lucky with some incredible strawberries on sale and the smell of them got my brain to working. I looked through my pantry and thought a nice strawberry vinaigrette would go wonderful with Tilapia we were having for dinner. I looked around and didn't find a recipe that I was totally thrilled with, so I went ahead and used several to make up my own. Hope you like it. :-)
Ingredients:

          1/3 cup red wine vinegar
          2 T. honey
          2 T. Dijon mustard
          2/3 cup olive oil
          1 full cup fresh strawberries
 
 
Directions: 
All the directions I found for recipes wanted you to whisk this then add that, do this. I am all about it being easy, so I pulled out my handy dandy Ninja blender.
I put in the strawberries first then added the vinegar and all the other ingredients then pulsed until I got the consistency I was looking for.
I didn't use any special salad, just an old fashioned lettuce, tomato and cucumber salad. I am sure it would be great on a spinach salad as well. Even the kids loved this one :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment