February 25, 2012

God's Fingers

 "When I consider your heavens,
   the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
   which you have set in place,
 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
   human beings that you care for them"?          Psalm 8: 3 - 4

Today has been one of those days that I think about God's gifts and what he is able to do for each of us. I was told by my doctor that I probably have arthritis in my fingers and hands and other joints. As an almost 38 year old, I am saddened by this news but am not so surprised since the pain has put me into tears so many times in the past few weeks. I did get the greatest reminder this afternoon that it is going to be okay. I snapped this picture in front of my house just a short time ago. On the same day that the doctor told me that my use of my fingers was going to be limited by arthritis, God gave me His. He showed me that His fingers will always be reaching from Heaven to lift me up and to give me the strength that I need to move on each day no matter how bad I am hurting.

My Dearest Father, Thank you so much for the reminder that you are always here. Despite the pain in my fingers and the difficulties I might face due to that pain, I know that your fingers are here to hold me up and to do my work. You are the reason for it all, and I am so very grateful that no matter what is going on in a day, I can look to you for anything and everything. In your Son's most precious Name! Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment