March 5, 2012

The Devil's Keep by C.A. Deyton: A Review

Good Afternoon everyone :-) I decided it was time to see who is reading this thing ;-) I am going to mix things up a bit and change what happens on what days and when I post just to test the waters. That is going to be helpful as I determine the course of things in the long run for Insanity.

So today is a discussion about a book I am reading. I'm in the middle of it, but I wanted to share it with you. Not so long ago, I told you about my friend, C.A. Deyton and that she wrote a book, The Devil's Keep. I haven't even told her at this point anything about my opinion, but I do encourage you to take a look at the book to decide if it is right for you to read.

I proudly bought her first book and was so excited to get started reading it. I didn't have a clue when I bought it what it was about, but as I read the blurb, I thought, uh oh. How in the world am I going to read this? And how am I going to tell my friend that I don't read these kinds of books? I was worried more about hurting her feelings than anything, so I did what all good friends do. I put it off. :(
Let me be perfectly honest here, I'm not one for vampires or books about vampires. I've never read that ever so popular book or seen any of the movies that are out there that you all know what I am talking about. I won't even mention it for fear that someone might scream in my ear about those characters that are both deadly and apparently intriguing for people other than me. I don't see what others do in the book. I just don't get it.

So imagine my feelings when I realized that this close friend of mine had written her first book about vampires. I remember talking to my sweet hubby about it and saying what in the world do I do. His response was so classic to him. He said, uhhh read it! hee hee. What! and do the obvious?

So a few weeks ago, I met Michael Bartlett. Oh Michael. This dreamy and dangerous individual that I picture as Johnny Depp. I see him as this dark character with innocent roots that while not directly linked to his occupation at the beginning of the book, those roots do play an integral part in the process of moving through the book to further develop both him and those characters around him. And here I am rambling on about a vampire!! ME! I can hardly believe it as these words leave my fingertips.
Then beautiful Miren comes into the picture. All in white with the most incredible iridescent butterflies floating around here. She brings this presence of peace into a world of chaos and death. And she brings love. This angel and my vampire quickly develop a love that is so deep and so powerful that it requires the attention of Ultio, the devil, himself.

As C.A. Deyton, weaves her tale, you feel the strength of this love and the pain of these characters as they face the inevitable wrath of Ultio in their forbidden love story. You become personally invested in this book and find yourself rooting for the two to overcome all obstacles they encounter. This novel begs to be read! And I for one, cannot wait to finish to find out how everyone comes out and to read the sequel which is slated out this year!

Bravo, My dear friend! You have an incredible talent and a wonderful book here. To all my friends reading this review, please consider purchasing the book. Don't have a Kindle? Don't have a Nook? Did you know you can download the app to your smart phone or on your computer to be able to read books offered by those two sources? Look into it! This book should be shared by all.
Check out C.A. Deyton's site for the book trailer and any updates on An Angel's Revenge, the much anticipated sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment