March 23, 2012

Rest Stop

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” - Matthew 11:28

I'm tired, weak and even a little weary. It's been a rough week, and I feel this urge to ask for a pity party. But the sad truth is that I don't really want anyone to feel sorry for me. I really dislike having someone look at me with that sad face and say, Oh, I'm so sorry, come as close to say I hate it.
I went to the gym to workout today for the first time since Monday. I made excuses the rest of the week, good ones, but excuses nonetheless. I hurt. I felt like I had been hit by a truck and in turn felt sorry for myself. I was blessed enough to be encouraged by my wonderful friend Brandi yesterday who left me knowing what I had to do. Accept and move on. No matter what IT is, I have to accept before it drives me insane.
So, today, I showed up and after 13 minutes I wanted to quit. I called out for help to my sweet husband who sent me a nice message of put on your big girl pants and get over yourself. I knew he was right because, well I wouldn't have asked him for a pep talk if I didn't already know he could give me one. Then I called for a pep talk from someone else that can drop me to my knees in an instant. I called on The Lord, my Father! As I sat listening to my playlist, I began to pray. It was a simple prayer for the simple ability to push through and make it through the workout. Then I realized I was asking for more without even knowing it. I needed His reassurance, but He couldn't give it to me until I gave it all up to Him.
As I continued my workout on the row machine, I overheard a conversation next to me and couldn't help but hear the Lord's words in my heart. These wonderful Ladies that I have watched over the past few months on my journey to a healthier lifestyle were pushing through pain to feel better. WHAT? God are you talking to me? One of them was diagnosed with a rare form of arthritis that no one in the area really treats, but she can't afford to drive to Kentucky for the treatments she needs. Another was continuing to move despite her battle against MS, which is such a horribly painful disease. And despite the tales they were sharing, I saw smiles on their faces!! I saw them encouraging each other and moving despite what they were going through and I heard HIM! I remembered the verse that I shared above and was brought to tears as I rowed (I maintained my composure, but I was on the verge). Not only was that verse in my head, but a song that I just can't seem to find online to play for you. I can share the words for you.

There is peace in this world of war
There's hope in the wreckage of my grief
There's a love that cuts me to the core
And faith in the face of disbelief

CHORUS:
'Cause Jesus never let me down
Jesus never let me down
Oh, He would never leave me now
'Cause Jesus never let me down

I am scared, Oh I am petrified
I think of what tomorrow has in store
But there is grace to make it through the day
And the strength to make it through a million more

(Chorus)

There's no place to hide
That He will not climb
And no hell too low to hide me

He won't turn away
From one he saved
His promises remind me
That Jesus never let me down
Jesus never let me down
Oh, He would never leave me now

(Chorus)

No, He'll never let me down
Oh, Jesus never let me down
No, He'll never let me down

I have had things happen in my life and over the years there has always been the constant of God. Jesus truly has never let me down!! Things haven't always gone my way and the road is sometimes rocky, but Jesus never let me know. Never.
He will always be there; He promises me that. I've come to Him. I am weary and burdened. I'm tired and at times helpless, but Jesus has promised to bring me rest. He promises to bring me peace (not necessarily relief, but peace with what I am dealing with).
He promises the same to all who believe. He saved us all from our horrible sin. He saved us from ourselves. It's never too late to turn to Him to ask Him for forgiveness and the reassurance that He's got your back! My friends, today, I encourage you to turn to the Lord, YOUR Father. Our Father. He has all the answers, whether we like them or not, and he will give you rest when you need it most.

My Heavenly Father,
Today I come to you for both myself and those who need you most. I ask that those brothers and sister out there that do not have you in their heart keep an open mind and feel your presence no matter what their circumstances might be. I am so very tired and weak. I am heavily burdened by not only my sin but also my pain. I need rest and ask that you take over this. I will no longer worry about my troubles because they are not mine but yours to handle. I feel your arms around me and will continue to walk this path with you knowing that you have all the answers.    I love you, my Lord and know that your will shall be done.  In your Son's name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment