January 1, 2016

Back to Blogging

So what is going on in your life? Where have you been? Whatcha been doing? 

Okay, enough chit-chat. We have so much to catch upon with my few years away from the blogging world, but we definitely will have plenty of time to talk, my friends.

I would, first and foremost, like to thank those who have asked about me getting back to writing and encouraged me to reopen Insanity. I am back and am thankful for you and all of my new friends that I am sure to make as I share this crazy life that only seems to get more and more insane.

2016 is certainly going to be a year of many changes and many chances for growth as individuals, parents, spouses, and most importantly children of God. As we enter the new year, I would like all my readers to think about this last year and what you might have done that made a difference and use that to determine where you really want to go with this next year. I am here to encourage you and to just share what my life is constantly teaching me one step at a time.

This past year brought many changes to my household with the biggest being my step out on faith by quitting my teaching job at a charter school and leaving the rest up to God. Crazy; I know. I was told that many times until August when I got a call and an interview with a great school where I now get to work from home!!! No kidding. God literally threw me an opportunity that I am over the moon about and blessed me more than I deserve. I absolutely adore my new job and the wonderful doors it is opening for me and my family.

I challenged myself last year to run 12 races in 12 months. I didn't quite make it because of a bum knee, but I DID get in 10 out of 12. I will NOT belittle that at all! I am definitely pleased by that.

I also challenged myself last year to be a better mom. I left that one pretty broad because we all know that we definitely need to make improvements, but sometimes it is hard to find what particular direction to go into. I won't say I passed or failed, but I will say I made changes.

What do I look forward to for 2016? Writing!! LOTS OF WRITING! I am definitely excited for that. I am looking forward to continuing my physical activities and being the active mom my kids need. I am thrilled for the Bible studies that I have selected to get deeper in The Word and walk closer to my God. I am challenging myself to stay focused on those important things rather than the little ones to help develop the relationships that will make this world a better place. World peace and Love, baby. :-) Yeah, I don't have delusions of grandeur. I just know that one day I will leave this world, and I want more than anything to leave it better than today.

So, buckle your seats and hang on for the ride because we are definitely in store for another exciting year. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment