November 5, 2010

E

Ears.... Today was a hard pick for E at first. Then once I sat down with my Bible and started to read, it all came to me. Without my ears, I couldn't hear. Without hearing, I couldn't enjoy that special giggle of my little girl or the little joke my great big boy just told. Or hear the wonderful sound of praise music coming from the back seat of my van.
This morning when taking "sunshine" to school, "snuggle pup" was listening to my Brandon Heath CD and "monkeypants" decided to sing along. So I hear her little voice singing words that aren't really words and snuggle pup started with the lyrics making sure his little sister can understand what he is saying. His favorite song, "Trust You" came on and I remembered my devotion and my thankful post for this morning. God had already led me to ears to hear, but this really cemented it. Out of the mouth of a 6 year old, as loud as possible, I heard these words...
I’m not gonna fight you anymore
Not gonna try to lock the door
You took your life and gave me yours
There’s no reason why
I shouldn’t trust you with mine
That's his favorite part and if you ask him why, he tells you that he loves the song because Jesus lives in his heart and since He died for our sins we should trust him without asking a bunch of stupid grown up questions. How wise!! And without ears, I would never hear that. Thank you Jesus! For your life. For my super smart kids. And For ears!!

No comments:

Post a Comment