January 6, 2011

Difference

Resolutions are so easy to come by and easy to break. As I go on this journey, I am trying to think of what things we can do this year that we won't break. I want to make a difference. I don't know where that difference will be yet as it's early in this resolution. But there are so many ways that we can do that.
My heart is leading me to write more and to work on this book that I so feel God leading me to write. So I decided to take 20 minutes this morning and dedicate that to researching what I need to do to create and sell my proposal for it. Not a lot of time, but something. Will it make a difference? I hope so.
But there are other things that I'm thinking right now. Little differences. My Alec so wanted a keyboard for Christmas, and Santa delivered a great one. It wasn't enough though, so we signed him up for these great piano lessons. Something that seems small, but when you see the child's eyes when he talks excitedly about his first piano lesson tonight, you see that difference. It's little, yes. But it's huge to him. How do you know that the difference you make isn't huge? The smile you give to a stranger. The video you take of a homeless man with an incredible voice and decide to put on You Tube. I mean, think about it. He's not homeless anymore. He's got a job and is doing the morning talk show circuit just for one person saying, WOW, what a voice and putting it online. It seems little, but was it for him? Think about it...

Jude 1:22-23 (New King James Version)

22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction;[a] 23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,[b] hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment