January 3, 2011

Dust Bunnies

I'm not sure anyone is truly a friend of dust bunnies. I've personally kicked them out of the house SEVERAL times in just the past year. I don't intend to invite them over for dinner and a movie, and I most certainly do not wish for them to attend my family functions at my house. But somehow, they end up all over my house hiding, eluding, evading.
So my "non-resolution" moment of the day was for cleaning today. I charged myself with removing the dust bunnies from my sweet 2 year old's room today. Knowing that I had kicked them out when I bumped her closet from 18 month clothing to 24 months not so long ago, I was shocked to find them EVERYWHERE. Yeah, they are multiplying like bunnies. Then I thought, oohh, I want to make sure to get the cool air intake taken care of. And as I sat here preparing to type this, I thought, drat! I forgot the ceiling fan. So, I have to climb my big butt up on a step stool (Fade to Wade in the background laughing as I shake and try not to shed tears due to my fear of heights).. and take care of the fan. An hour and a half after starting, I finally finished and was thrilled to watch those bunnies walk out the front door.
Then I walked into my bedroom and saw their cousins have moved into my room. Guess I'll get started on those next.....

No comments:

Post a Comment