March 21, 2011

Beautiful Firsts

So yesterday, we treated the kids out to McDonald's and since they had been so good, we let them have ice cream cones.
This is a first for Sofia. Yeah, my 2 year old has never had an ice cream cone. So Wade took the kids up to get them and each had theirs to carry. When he hands hers to her, her little eyes were suddenly as big as ever and her grin matched. Oh what a great look on her face. Then she took her first bite. It was so cute to watch her eating that thing and being so happy. You could see she felt like such a big girl.
Imagine our surprise when she spit out a tiny bite of the cone. She kinda freaked and kept saying broken. I realized she didn't realize it could be eaten. It was just a vessel for her. So, I asked Alec to show her it can be eaten. She looked at him as if he were crazy at first, and then took her first bite. She looked at me like WHAT. hee hee. It was so darn cute.
These are the first that lighten my heart. I love all my babies first moments, but this is one of those different kinds. It's not like she'd been trying to do something and finally achieved it. It's a first cone, one of many more in her beautiful life I'm sure. I love the moment it created for us as a family as we giggle and enjoyed her personality each moment of that little cone. I praise the Lord for those moments... as those are the ones I treasure the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment