March 17, 2011

Living your Passion

So many of us live our lives never realizing our one true passion in life...that one skill in our lives that God has given us to provide us with a meaningful, truly happy existence. If you do not combine your work with your passion you will never achieve excellence and fulfillment. 

What blocks you from finding your passion, even integrating it into your current work? Is work meant to be boring, only a paycheck? Is fulfilling God's Will always sacrificial of your passions? If you follow your passions, will your income drop dramatically? No, I don't think so.
Do you know someone who is a person of passion? Can you think about their qualities and what makes them so passionate?
During a tough battle in World War II, General George Patton, one of the greatest military leaders of all time, said about battle, "God, I love it!" King David, also a warrior,s aid, "God, I love you!" Who would you like to be associated? Think about it for a minute. No, seriously. King David was a passionate warrior as can be seen throughout 2 Samuel. (2 Samuel 5:18-25, 21:15-22:4, 22:29-32 and in Psalm 18:2-3, 18:30-40, 60:10) How did David express his passion for God and what did that do for him?
What can it do for you? We are in a time where most of us are not in the military. We go to work every day and spend our 40 hours doing what? What kind of passion do we find there? Why is our passion so infrequently seen at work?

David's world of work and his passion for God were integrated. He said, "God is my rock...my stronghold, my refuge, and my savior" (2 Samuel 22:3). If your world of work (or school or everyday living) and your passion for God were integrated, chose the words you might use to complete this sentence: "God is my ...


I answer that saying inspiration. I am living my passion of writing and truly loving life. Time with my children and husband. Fulfilled by the Holy Spirit in a very fulfilling work. What is your passion? Do you live it?

No comments:

Post a Comment