August 4, 2011

Positivity

To coin a phrase, this is one a friend of mine used so much we couldn't help but pick up on it. I choose to be positive this morning. I want to share a moment of fitness with you.
First of all, for those friends of mine who are happy as couch potatoes, I love you, but you need to get up and move with me. Trust me when I say you will feel so much better!! Secondly, if you are tired of hearing me say that, then what have you got to lose other than me saying it all the time? ;-)
So last night was a lifting night in the Lunsford house. I opted to wait on my workout and do it with Wade. Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X. Not like I can move my arms as it is much after MONDAY'S workout. hee hee. So it was hard which makes it awesome. Get done with the lifting part, and it's time for the Abs. In the past, I have observed these much more than participated but was determined to make Tony Horton proud. Started off strong doing 20 out of 25 of the first one. Then came the bicycles. Did great until they were reversed. That action messes with my head. Kept going pretty darn strong and could have stopped there a happy lady. Did I do the over 300 abdominal exercises on the DVD. Heck no! If I could do that, I wouldn't have so much weight to lose! hee hee.
but the next few moments are the special ones. Sofia and Alec came in. Alec was like, you can do it Mom. Sofia stood over me repeating, "Just one more, Momma. One more." with her little finger in the air. And guess what! That one more went from one to two and three. I did do more, and it was that princess monkeypants of mine standing over me like a sweet drill sergeant (oxymoron, I know). Then, when it was all over, Alec looked at me and said, "Great job, Mom. I'm proud of you."
Heck with Tony Horton! Sorry, I adore you, but my Sunshine said he was proud of me. That, is priceless!!!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely! Great post! And I am so proud of you too!

    ReplyDelete