April 26, 2012

Solace in the stillness

I am so tired today. Was tired last night and tried to sleep but I just couldn't sleep very well. Lots of things going on in my head can't help that, but what can you do.
I thought about how I am so physically tired and realized I am probably as spiritually tired as well. I need to continually rest up spiritually so that I can be the Christian Christ wants me to be and witness to others who need His Word/guidance.
Spiritual exhaustion means your tired beyond your body. It is a sign that we have become separated from ourselves somewhere along the way and need to reconnect. No matter how tired I am, I have to be that good example (not perfect but good). But how do we refresh when we feel like we are empty?
A word that isn't heard or used often by mothers is stillness, that beautiful word! I picture a relaxed body, peaceful mind and absolute silence. Stillness tends to get lost in the busy world we live in today. But it can be found in the Word if you take the time to look for it.

Matthew 11:28-30

New International Version (NIV)
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 

Jesus knew how important rest is, we can read that in the Bible. He understood how important rest is to our physical and mental health.
If it is okay for our Father to be tired and rest, then it is acceptable for us as well. Jesus wants us to actually rest in a special way, spiritually. 

Challenges and problems in life can drain us physically, mentally and spiritually, leaving us exhausted and frustrated. Jesus understands this and wants us to come to Him for rest. There is no problem too big for Him. No matter how tired I am or you are, Jesus will give us the rest that refreshes us and help us to be ready to face whatever challenges we are going to face on a day to day basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment