October 22, 2010

Growing Up

My Sunshine turned 9 years old last Friday. 9 !!  Imagine that. As I stood hugging him, I realized how tall he has gotten. His head now reaches my chin. As I held him, 9 years went flashing through my mind. Gentle reminders that my precious baby isn't even close to being a baby anymore......
His first teeth. His first words. His first steps. His first day of school. That little bit of independence that told me I was losing my baby. Now, I don't say that in a bad way. I just mean that a big boy is so totally different than a baby. He says things each day that helps me to know he's still my little guy, but his next sentence suddenly makes him into a big kid.
Today, I was taking him to school and he said, "Mommy, I'm starting to be a real man." Now, how can you be a real man and start a sentence with Mommy! Growing up and yet so far from being there!

No comments:

Post a Comment