November 29, 2010

The Close of November

We are closing yet another month and starting a new one. As we come closer to December and have wrapped up our month of Thanksgiving, I want to remind everyone that we don't stop here. November and Turkey day are great reminders of being thankful, but that's not the only time we should be thankful. We should have a heart of gratitude all the time. I challenge you to find something you are thankful for each and every day. It is truly impossible to count all the blessings we have in life. Every day is filled with them. But the problem is that most people just live right through them, never pausing to be grateful for what they have. Each day there are a dozen things we can each be grateful for.Things as simple as I got up this morning. That in itself is beautiful. I woke up because the Good Lord decided today was to be another new day for me. He didn't have to do that, but he chose to do that. The coffee was brewed and smelled so very good. Some people do not have the luxury of  coffee every single day. There are a ton of them this morning already and will be a ton before my head hits the pillow tonight. That again, another blessing to be thankful for.. a pillow. But I digress. What I'm saying is that thanksgiving is not just one day out of the year. It is all year long. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment