December 2, 2010

Wishes for Violet

As I start this post, I wish I could have every wish I make this month come true like yesterdays. Today, while we celebrate something that seems big to us, but is really small potatoes a family grieves. My Christmas wish for Violet is peace. I haven't seen an update since yesterday, so I don't know what is currently going on.
Violet has been battling Central Neuroblastoma. She was doing well and even went back to school to start out the school year. An MRI even showed no cancer 3 months ago. Unfortunately, she began vomiting and a new MRI showed that the cancer is back and very aggressive. She was given weeks to months.
Violet is coming closer to the end. This precious 7 year old who has fought for the past year for survival is going to see an end to her short little life very soon. I say this with a heavy heart as we don't know if she is even still with us at this point. The family is working to keep her comfortable and enjoy every last precious minute they have with her. I wish a peaceful passing for her, but this is about an entire community who has embraced her and her family. I am praying for peace for the family and for the children at school. So many that didn't even know Violet are praying for her and the family. They need to feel the arms of Christ around them in this time of pain. Continued prayers are what I wish for Violet and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment