July 26, 2011

Delayed, but not Failed

I refuse to use the word failed at this point because, in truth, I haven't failed anything. You, my friends are about to go on a journey with me though.
As many of you know, I had a complex sprain to my wrist at the beginning of a life changing workout program. I saw such promise and hope for the good things to come. I got a taste of the Glory of God in reward for my hard work. Then my setback. In the 4 short weeks of doing p90x, I lost 18 pounds and gained more confidence than I've had in years. I was no longer suffering from insomnia, I no longer felt ankle pain and I had more energy than I've had in years. I suddenly had a desire to do things with my children and the drive to actually get out and do it.
Did I have a setback with my injury? Sort of. But I let myself get worked up and off track. I did gain a few of the pounds back, but am only currently standing at five pounds up from that. So, I can proudly say that in my 4 weeks and subsequent about 7 weeks I have lost 13 pounds and have a renewed strength to keep going.
So, my new journey that you will be going with me starts officially August 1st with a new weigh in and measurements as well as pictures (debating when those will be posted ;-). I will be blogging my journey and my commitment to life change that I welcome you to  join me in. Is this particular workout for everyone? Nope, but I hope I am able to challenge those of you who wish to walk this walk with me to do bigger and better things and at least start moving. You are worth it and so am I. Believe it!

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome!!!! You should join dailymile.com and we can be workout buddies!!!

    ReplyDelete