July 27, 2011

Not supposed to Laugh

"You're not going to be the best man at my wedding!"

Seriously? That is what a 9 year old yells to his 6 year old brother when he's mad! I know I'm not supposed to laugh at that, but typing this is the only thing that is keeping me from one of those LOL gut-wrenching laughs. They are cleaning up the corner of my office where they keep toys in order to go out front to play on their wheels. They don't clean well together. We've tried it before and always have to separate them. They just have different opinions of what clean means. But this moment cracked me up. An area that should take them 5 minutes to clean up has now taken 20 and ended in tears from both and that outburst from my oldest.
It has me wondering what kind of hateful things my sister and I once said to each other. I seriously don't remember. I'm sure my Mom can tell me, but I prefer to remember things as just random fights without any details. I hope my boys don't remember this either. But I will. And when Alec asks Owen to be his best man (or at least I hope he does) I will remember this and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment