February 23, 2012

Jesus: A dog person or a cat person?

Oftentimes, we hear people talk about how they are a dog person or a cat person. I'm a dog person by default because I have a severe cat allergy. Would I prefer cats if I could, probably not. They just kinda annoy me, if I'm being honest. (Please do not send me hate email if you are a cat person! We all just have different tastes). Beyond that, I just had an off the wall thought and was wondering if Jesus would have been a dog person or a cat person. I am not talking negative about religion. This is just a positive discussion about dogs and cats (again, please no hate email since this is all in fun).
After careful inspection of the Bible, I found something very interesting. It is my opinion that Jesus was a dog person. There is no mention of the domesticated cat in the Bible. It's actually the only domestic animal that isn't in there. I searched high and low. It's not in there. The cat is not in there. My allergies say THANK YOU. :-) Another point to make is that cats tend to be connected with Satanic things. Definitely not something you would associate with Jesus. Does this question matter one way or another, no, probably not, but it's fun to think about something that seems minor. Do your own investigating. Get in the Word and find out what you think the preference is and let me know.
In the meantime, I'm thankful that God gives us pets that we can love and that love us unconditionally.

God, thank you for the such an amazing world and the gift of letting us share our lives with our pets. You made animals and love them dearly. Even heaven will have animals – the Bible tells us this. The way we treat our animals and care for them can be a great bridge for us to understand how you care for us. And the way the our animals respond to our love should be a great example to us – a picture of how we can respond to your love. Bless our animals and our friendship with them. Help us to honor them as you honor us. Help us to trust you as they trust us. In Jesus' Name.        Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment