March 16, 2012

Loving me In spite

The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.
                                                                                            Jeremiah 31:3

Shocking headline here: I'm not perfect. GASP! I know; calm down. There's more. You are not perfect either. Okay, pick up your jaw from the floor. Chill out for a moment and hear me out. There is hope for  both of us if we just believe! Every day, I wonder at the goodness that is the Lord and the fact that no matter what I do, no matter how horrible I am as a human being, He still loves me! In spite of my flaws He loves me. I dare say, because of my flaws He loves me.

I woke up this morning and sinned from the get go. I'm sure I did because that is my nature. We were created with flaws, and Eve, the mother of sin, started the pattern of how we were going to behave, yesterday, today and even tomorrow. God made us with His love and He created us knowing that one day we would sin and He would have to love us in spite.

How humbling that feeling is for me! I know that He loves me. I just can't quite grasp why. I am an overall decent person, but I really do have my bad habits. I yell a little too much at my children some days. I am a horrible housekeeper. I get mad at my husband when he is impatient with me. I am addicted to food. I am just flawed, a diamond in the rough. And Praise the Lord because He loves me in spite!


No comments:

Post a Comment