January 6, 2016

Writing Wednesday

On Wednesdays, I would like to focus on writing as a general theme for this blog. I love to write, and while I generally love to share my writing, I have never been comfortable with sharing all of my writing.

I have a dear old friend (we have been friends forever; she is nowhere near old) who has always encouraged my poetry. I am putting some of that poetry together to create a collection of poems for possible publication. Keep in mind this has been a work in progress since college (let's not even talk about how long ago that was!)

Keeping in line with the topic of change that comes along with the goal creating and start of a new year, I am going to share the first poem that was published many moons ago.. I hope you enjoy.

Changes

Things have changed.
It's not been easy.
I try so hard.
They say I'm lazy.
I want to die,
just fade away.
But love keeps me going
each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment