June 14, 2010

Joy and Pleasures

You show me the path of life. In your presence there is fullness of joy; in your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
— Psalm 16:11 NRSV

This week is VBS week at my church. While it is an exhausting time for all of us, it is also a pleasure like none other. It reminds me of VBS when I was a child. It allows those of us who are adults to enjoy the time as if we are children again. When was the last time, you wore a crazy colored wig and bouncy antennae on your head and made a mask to put on a super persona!!! Can we say fun or what!! hee hee.
I have the joy of having 1st and 2nd graders (going into that grade) this year and wow!! Seriously, that's about all I can say about my kids. From the ultra quiet to the super sweet and the overly talkative, there is a wide realm of students in this group.
Our theme for the week: Hero Headquarters. What a pleasure it is to remember that Our Lord is our Hero and that through Jesus we can defeat Satan and achieve that super status!! This week, my prayers is that my kids in my group and all the children participating can feel the touch of The Lord on them and know that He is always with them through troubles and tribulations as well as the Joys and Pleasures.

1 comment: