March 29, 2011

When Girls go WILD

Now, I'm not talking taking clothes off and being crazy drunk, although, I kinda am. hee hee. I have determined that having a girl makes everything different!! EVERYTHING! They aren't like boys. They don't react to things in the same way nor do they expect things in a similar manner.
Take my sweet and sometimes hard to tolerate Monkeypants. I adore her, don't get me wrong. I'm blessed to have a little girl that I treasure and love, but she IS going to be the death of me!!! Let's talk specifics here.
In just the past month, she has managed to run away 2 times, climb three shelves up on her built-in bookcase to get and spread lotion throughout her bedroom (and cleaned it up, mind you), pour a 5 lb bag of flour on herself, the dog and the dog's bed, dump every box of baking powder or soda (I can never tell the difference between the two) all over the floor in front of the pantry, put sprinkles in every nook and cranny that exists in my house, drink enough hand sanitizer to get drunk but not sick and deleted the $4.99 app from my iPad that she plays the most. All of this accomplished with an adult somewhere close by and present. SERIOUSLY!! It isn't like we leave her alone for an extended period of time. We have found that we can't.
She can undo any child lock you put in front of her and has been the reason for the newly purchased iron gate that stands above my waist in my hallway and the antique door newly installed and locked to prevent her leaving this one space. And yet, I maintain that the child will be the death of me. Even when everything is removed from her grasp, she still manages to trash things. And when she has nothing to trash, it's cool to climb all over Mommy as if she is a jungle gym preventing her from getting a single thing done. As she is doing this very minute. I've learned to type under some certainly extreme situations-- my editor will appreciate that one day. ;-)



I believe that God has a really good sense of humor. My children show me that. The 9 year old who refuses to smile for a picture until I tell him to think of something funny in which he bursts out laughing so hard I think he's going to cry. When asked what struck him so funny, he replies, "you, Mom, in skinny jeans." REALLY! Or my dear 6 year old, who cannot possibly go through a single day without making me laugh so hard my face hurts. With his over dramatic hand motions as he tries to explain his point or his point in general that tends to be just slightly off kilter. And my precious Monkeypants.... all 2 years of ornery and sweetness rolled into one. If I didn't laugh at her, I would probably cry.
Just when I'm about to meltdown or need a Mommy Time Out, God throws me an insight that makes me have to smile and remember, I have to be flexible because that's what it is like to be a Mommy. Forever cleaning those messes that we didn't anticipate or cuddling because that is just what is needed at that time, despite the busy lives we lead and the "to do list" that never gets done.
Just remember.....
Psalm 127:3

Children are a heritage from the LORD,
   offspring a reward from him.

Thank you, dear Jesus for such blessings and such reward. I am forever grateful for the gifts that you provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment