August 26, 2011

B-Day

Okay, so you all saw my I WILL list from the other day. If not, feel free to click on it to go take a look.
Well, I'm excited to say that Number 13 is improving. I've been doing laundry quite a bit and hope it's taking a bit off of my husband's duties. But that's not what this post is all about. :( I have to say that I've been quite nauseous lately, and I know it's not about getting sick or anything like that. It's about the dreaded Number 15. Conquer my fear of heights. My sweet friend Gill immediately called me out on it knowing it would be one of the biggest challenges for me from my list. She challenged me to go up in a hot air balloon (tethered because if you think I'm going to step into a basket and go up up up and away, you are out of your minds!). What would going 20 feet into the air do for my fear? Well, it will either set me over the edge or it will be beautiful. Since I've had more intestinal issues this week than ever in the past, I'm thinking it might set me over the edge. I've allowed myself to get completely and utterly worked up from crying spells to migraines to just about anything you can think of. I keep looking at my list and thinking maybe I should focus on this one instead. I have been trying to figure out how to get out of it. I could easily use different things about this coming up and this coming up as an excuse, but I told myself I would not fail. I have been trying "baby steps" since she proposed this "flight." I even put a ladder up at my Dad's house and climbed up 3 steps to get something off the building for him. I didn't cry. I shook like heck, but I didn't cry.
Today is B-day!! Grove City is holding their annual Balloons and Tunes event this weekend, and tonight fits into our schedule better. So my friend Gill and I are going into a tethered hot air balloon. I'm typing this and feeling my stomach start to churn at just the thought. I asked for prayers from my friends at Bible study to find that I'm not alone, but that it would appear I am being irrational. WHAT? ME? NEVER. ;-) So, I thought, if I'm being so irrational, I'm sure there is something in the Bible. That is where I turned Wednesday and yesterday and yet again today... to find something in the Bible to encourage me, to scold me, to lift me up (excuse the pun- or not that's up to you). This is a little of what I came up with...
Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.
Isaiah 41:13
For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. 
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
So last night I had a dream. I believe God came to me in the night to bring me these last two verses that I found this morning. I dreamed of my balloon ride. I saw God hold my hand to help me into the basket and then as I went into the air, I saw a giant hand underneath the basket. There were others with me, but no faces at all (which I found odd). I think that was to have me focus on what message I was actually getting. I had immersed myself into the one thing I knew would bring me comfort, the Word and found that to bring me comfort. I'm am feeling quite positive right now about what lies ahead, but I'm still nervous. Tonight, I'm going to experience the opportunity to see God's Glory, to see more of what God has given us through his beauty. I will continue to pray, but I am getting a little excited and know that God will be with me every step of my way.
PS If you hear news of a balloon crashing in Grove City, please pray for me. ;-) hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment